Posted by: gracie | 2008-11-25

My husband' s parents are driving me insane - they are constantly gossiping about me and bad-mouthing me. They refer to me as their b**tch daughter-in-law from hell and tell people that my husband is married to rubbish! He says nothing about this as he does not confront his parents about anything! I know my expectations are high sometimes - I despise laziness and sloppiness and cannot tolerate it when someone makes a mess and does not bother to clean up - especially when it' s done in my own house! I am at the stage where I want to sell my house and move to KZN to get away from them. They are also the cause of the whole family being in a financial predicament due to their stupidity - they invested money with a company that has been liquidated and we are now unable to claim from the trustees as the company' s debts are far more than their assets, so for the next 18 yrs or so we must pay off this debt that they have made (they took a bond over a property and used the money to invest with this company). Please give me advice how to deal with these people as I feel as though I am losing my mind!

Already answered

Posted by: CV | 2008-11-26

Sjoe...... AMEN Ladies i wish i could show all these posts to my DH, cos he thinks im being unreasonable when it comes to my MIL.... I had a MELT DOWN last nite again becos of my MIL and this morning i felt like the bitch cos i stood up for myself... ANyway ..... im not going then , too upsetting. BUT thanx for posting now i know im not alone.

Reply to CV
Posted by: Gracie | 2008-11-25

I have now really become the b*tch daugther-in-law they refer to me as! They just make me so sick and my husband sees nothing wrong with their behaviour - he always tells me that I must apologise to them even if I have done nothing wrong to them - like bloody hell I will! His father has no manners - will fart and burp at the table and when he leaves the table won' t even put the chair back or clean the mess around his plate. Furthermore, he has a very bad body odour (stale sweat) and he never uses deodorant and when he has been in my house and he leaves, his sweat smell is on my furniture and I can smell it on my child - sis - the man has no manners to start off with and then he stinks too! Geez how bad can one person possibly be? Anyway they will be moving to the Cape during 2010 and I cannot wait - pity the Cape is still only a flight away!

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: Evil daughter in law | 2008-11-25

Shit Grace, you making me get mad all over again!!!!!! (just joking).
After my in laws' s place was nearly repo' d, we gave them the option to sell it, make sum bucks and build on a piece of land that was given to them... by us... for free.... after 2 years of living in my house (mom, dad and a very rude 14 yr old girl), i threw them out and nearly divorcved my husband (poor man).

They never build the house and was living rent free in my house with me, husband and my two small kids..., drove my car, took over my house, having their family over (the other drug addict brother of my husband and his wife, with 3 small kids under 4, no one there is working- so they lived of me and my husband..for 2 years... as i said- i tossed them out after getting heart problems and suddenly getting panic attacks, i had my two small kids to think about...

They are still angry with me and have a lot to say, they blackmailed me... they threatened to disown their son (my husband), if i do not let them move back...i told them... to go fly a kite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not feel guilty and some people have no skin on their faces and will ride you all the way.... it is up to you to say enough...

after all this my husband finally saw what his father is, a good for nothing, a man that never worked, never took care of his mom in law stays with her family now, sorted... and teh father in law.... is with his 2nd of her....

Yes.... i am still very angry and being abused like this.... Garcie- stand up for yourself.........

Reply to Evil daughter in law
Posted by: Same here | 2008-11-25

My in laws are also devious,more especially my sisters in law.My first one hates me cause she is older than me and she has kids with different men,and not married.The second one is because my man was like her father,buying her everything and paying her tuition fees.Now he has a family of his own and they hate me and my kids very much.

My man is very loving and caring towards us,he does not take sides fortunately.If he does take sides then I guess I will just ask him to go make love to his sister or mother!!

Reply to Same here
Posted by: Heartbroken | 2008-11-25

Ooh Gracie, I feel for you! On the up side, at least you know your in laws are monsters. Mine, they pretend to be all loving yet I recently discovered that they want to meet the girl my husband had an affair with and asked for a pic of her and the baby ( he had this baby in our marriage ). They are the lowest kind. Good luck to you, its going to be a very difficult road from hereon.

Reply to Heartbroken