Question
Posted by: Kels | 2008/06/14

Monocleosis

I have suffered with glandular fever since November of 2006. I had it quite badly and it semmed to have sorted itself out within a few months. I still got bouts of it or outbreaks and felt terrible for days, with it passing eventually. I am now in a situation where the glands in my neck are swollen permanently and have been for over 3 weeks. I do haev a lot of stress in my life at the moment but i am certain that this is not the true cause. I am currently taking modicare as an immune booster and Centrum as a multivitamin, as well as lymph logic to help ease the tension. My glands are quite sore but always up, and it seems if the infection is quite bad i sweat from my arms. I am very down and in the dumps and in tears nearly every day. Is there any other information you could give to me on this subject? Also if i should be overly concerned about this? I am taking all my medication religiously and yet there is still no difference.

Kelsey Smith

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist for a thorough examination, especially of your lymph glands. He/she should also draw blood to test other possible causes for your constant glandular swelling.

It is possible that you have a chronic infection in your glands that can be treated with a strong course of antibiotics.

Kind regards