Question
Posted by: Celine | 2009-11-22

Mono

Hello,

Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono. Many of the symptoms have gone away but I am still occasionally feeling fatigue, soar throat, and body aches. I was wondering if there was an approximate time at which I am not contagious anymore or is there anyway I can find out precisely when I am not contagious anymore.

In conjunction with this, I have heard that it is bad to drink alcohol when diagnosed with mono. Is there a time at which I can slowly start increasing my alcohol intake.

Thank you so much!
celine

Hallo Celine
EBV (Ebstein Barr virus) or infectious mononucleosis is spread mainly by saliva - it could be infectious for a few weeks ( even a few months) after the acute infection but it gradually becomes less infectious. Most adults have antibodies against EBV. You should avoid alcohol at least for 6 weeks after the acute infection.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-23

Hallo Celine

Reply to cyberdoc