Question
Posted by: Nicks | 2008/08/08

Monkey

Hi there, I own a marmoset female who is now 6 months. I got her at 2 weeks. She is absolutely amazing and does not reside in a cage. She comes with me to work everyday and has free reign at home. She has three dogs and a cat to play with and loves it. Two days ago i noticed her behavior changing slightly in that at midday she became almost weary of me and doesnt seem to want to be around me. In the evening at her bath time and grooming time she is fine. No problems.. What can this be? Is she maybe going from babyhood to adolescent?

Dear Nicks

I have no idea. Don't do monkeys. My kids do Moneynastix though.

The following person may be able to help: Dr. Willemien van Wyk, specialist in exotics. willemien.vanwyk@up.ac.za. I hope she is still available on this mail if not phone info.

Please just be kind enough to ask her to send you a invoice for her advice, she studied and studied and is probalby still struggling to pay her student loans.

3
Posted by: Nicks | 2008/08/11

My decision to get her took years of searching for information and then only making the decision.. She is the most wonderful angel and brings joy to my life daily. She has no aggression in her and loves the family. However, that being said her demeanour has changed but not aggressively. We are going to try a different routine and see if this helps her.
Thank you - cybervet - I will try make contact with her.

Reply to Nicks
Posted by: fynbos | 2008/08/10

Hi CyberVet,
I like the way you use ' flou grappies' , but then give useful advice as well.
I have a behavioral question for you. My dog' s name is Soul, and Soul has a lot of gay tendencies. Can this be a reflection on my lifestyle?

Reply to fynbos
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/08

Im very much against keeping monkeys as pets .. and marmosets are known for their aggressive behaviour once they become adults.

They are rehomed often because of this and lead quite miserable lives IMO.

Reply to Carol