Question
Posted by: Thobeka | 2009-04-20

Money problem

I am staying with my stepdaughters their father and my son. The only thing that I am worried about is that he hardly gives me money because I am working and will only provide if I ask for it. The other day I found an SMS from her other daughter asking for R1500 and a deposit slip of that money in his trouser I just want to ask how do I ask him about it how will he take me will he wont say I am looking at his things when I am not there, how do I ask him please assist.

Woirried

I don't think there is any magic formula here, except to calmly disuss with him that you are worried that he seems reluctant to give you any money ( presumably you mean, for household expenses ? ) It would be fair to divide household expenses in proportion to your relative earnings. Maybe you need a broader discussion together about how you each see this relationship, where it is going, and to plan a fair allocation of household and personal expenses. Do you not expect him to give some money to his daughters ? You don' mentuion their ages --- are they independent and earning for themselves ?

2
Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-20

If he provides when you ask for it (how is he supposed to know there is a problem otherwise?) why does it bother you that he gave his daughter money?

It would be different if your budget came up short, you asked him for help, he refused to help but afterwards gave his daughter money when she asked.

Different couples have different ways of dividing up the money issues. Perhaps you have a problem with the amount of household expenses that you have to pay relative to the amount of household expenses that he pays?

Seems that there is more to the problem than you' ve put in your post?

Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Michele | 2009-04-20

why should he give you money???

Reply to Michele