Money issues

My husband lost his job in Dec 08, he is still unemployed. I’ m employed &  have a good job and salary, currently I pay all the household bills &  still give my husband a monthly allowance. The thing is I’ m sick of having to pay for everything and not be allowed to indulge in buying myself something because I have to see that the household is taken care of. When I try to speak to my husband about how I feel he gets very upset and depressed so I just don’ t bring up the subject anymore. I know we lucky in that we can still afford to maintain our household, but I just can’ t help feeling used. How do I deal with these feelings?

Its called Responsibility. Rarely enjoyable, but a good thing to do. If there is money left overt, no harm in doing something to please yourself ( though much better if you can find something that pleases you AND the family ) --- but if there's not enough left over, can't you postpone the luxuries so as to look after the family, after both of you ?

Posted by: lady Gaga | 2009-04-21

why is it that when a woman takes responsibility feels she is being used but men do it all the time and they dont complain.

Reply to lady Gaga