Question
Posted by: Rejoice | 2010/07/20

Money

I''ll be coming into some money soon. I''ve decided to give some to charity, pay off bills &  spoil my hubby, child &  me. My sister inlaw''s husband is in prison, she''s strugglin to make ends meet, I plan to give her and my sister (who''s also financially struggling) some money. The problem is my husband dictates that I give my own sister and sister inlaw equal amount of money and I feel as I have a closer bond to my own sister and it''s my money I can give her what I feel in my heart I want to. I feel my sister inlaw should just be happy I''m giving her money with no strings attached. This also makes me feel I don''t want to share my money with my hubby anymore but don''t want this to be like a power issue in the relationship.

If it is YOUR money, he can make suggestions as to what he thinks, but should not expect to decide how you choose to use your money. It is generous of you to give to his sister at all, and that is a kind gesture, not a duty.
Consider saving some of the money, too, rather than using it all at once. If you have bills owing now, that may happen again.

7
Posted by: Rejoice | 2010/07/20

Izolde, money was made to be enjoyed, if it flows from you (to those who need) it will always return and you''ll never be without. You must give to receive, try it, I think you''ll be surprised at the consequences.

Reply to Rejoice
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/07/20

Good question Izolde, or maybe we are just being selfish. The fact that you had some bills which need clearing tells that you are not financially stable to be splashing. Have you thought about investing?

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Izolde | 2010/07/20

then why would you want to splash it all out then?

Reply to Izolde
Posted by: $ | 2010/07/20

I think whatever the amount you give your sister inlaw she will be thrillied, not millis just k''s save some for yourself.

Reply to $
Posted by: Rejoice | 2010/07/20

No not millions, just thousands

Reply to Rejoice
Posted by: Izolde | 2010/07/20

Are you expecting millions or what? I need to advise accordingly.

Reply to Izolde