Posted by: Bron | 2009-02-26

Mom suffers thick swollen tongue

I' m desperately worried about my Mom.
She has been complaining about her tongue feeling thick and swollen in her mouth - she also complains of extreme tiredness, dizziness and she finds it hard to talk and concentrate. We' ve been to the Dr and they said she' s suffering from stress and that her cholesterol is a bit high. She has been under extreme stress this year with one tragedy after another.. But surely that doesn' t explain her tongue feeling so thick in her mouth? She has been to 2 different doctors and they both say the same thing.

Dear Bron
Difficulty speaking and problems with memory and concentration could be signs of micro calcification or mini "strokes" of the brain. You could ask for a referral to a neurologist for a second opinion