Posted by: DEPRESSD AND NEEDING ADVICE | 2009-05-12

Good day,

This is probably not the right place 2 post this, but i am soo desperate right now. I have searched for a relevant expert but no luck.

I' m a 24 yr old female, i live on my own far from home and so do my sisters. Back at home we left our mother. She is a very nice, humble and kind women. But i have seen different signs of loneliness in her life over the years.
She fell into a relationship which we were not happy about, but she was happy. Now at the time my sister told me that mother' s boyfriends' s X is infected with HIV. We ddnt dewll on that and just hoped that mother wouldnt fall on the bad side.

They have been together 4 a year now. Since Jan this year my mother has been sick, and only few weeks ago her boyfriend started getting sick aswell. They are now both very sick and we(sister and i) have just concluded that its the HIV and that they seem to know, bcos she is very secretive and doesnt want to see a doctor. She doesnt want us to know. They have started isolating themselves, my mother has since tried to stop me from coming home, she doesnt want visitors and doesnt care about anything. we buy her gifts and she doesnt seem wowd or anything.

It is getting very scary and I just want to be there for her, and show her that knowing will not be a dissappointment for me. and also maybe she could start freely taking the proper medication and we can support her and help her eat the right food. But how do we get to this point, how do i say to her i know, and i want to be there for you.

Please advice me. I dont want to loose her when something can be done.
God bless you all

I would suggest that you post this to CyberShrink.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-05-13

Phone her and just tell her. There is no time for secrets now.

Reply to Dee