Question
Posted by: mieki | 2011/10/07

mom acting strange

I am very concerned about my mother. She is in her early 50s , working and healthy. She used to be very independant but i fear that she is suffering from a severe ''empty nest syndrome''. I moved out of the house 6 years ago and im getting married next year. My youngest sister is staying at home but she is very seldom there. My mom started telling lies and she is constantly fighting with my dad and my sister. She told my sister that I dont like her boyfriend and that i think he is childish, which is not true! She sleeps a whole weekend through and wakes up fighting about nothing. We were her whole life and i think she lost track of her own identity..what can we do?

Counselling / psychotherapy is the obvious choice, along with helping her to get involved in charitable / NGO and similar activities to enable her to remain needed and necessary.
Also, can she be persuaded to have a proper psych assessment, as there could be Depression or other disorders lurking her ?

4
Posted by: ndou collins | 2011/12/15

u need to take your mom to a psychologist

Reply to ndou collins
Posted by: M Joubert | 2011/10/21

Sounds like me before I was diagnosed with severe depression.

Reply to M Joubert
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/10/08

Menopause - First stop is to consult her GP.

Reply to Obvious