Posted by: Sam | 2012-06-23

Hi Doctor
I had a couple of moles removed about two years ago, but one has regrown (only about 3mm across only). I had it removed before as it is on my bra line and often gets agitated as I am very active and it does get sore (though not often, maybe once every 2/3 months) Why would it regrow (was cut off with a scalpel by my gp) and is it even worth trying to remove it again. I do have family history of skin cancer,which is also why I had them removed the first time, but none of them were abnormal.

Ask your doctor to remove the mole. The tissue will have to be send to a pathologist to confirm the histological diagnosis and if the mole was removed completely. Regrowth occured, due to the unsuccessful removal of the mole.