Question
Posted by: Rade | 2009/05/13

Moles

Dear Doc
I recently had moles on my back burnt off by a nurse using dry ice. One of them was damaged considerably with the outer skin burnt off completely. It is now very sore and since they pose a risk to cancer, I was wondering whether burning it with dry ice was a good idea and should I have it checked out by a medical docter?

Dear Rade
One should never remove a mole with dry ice - it is ok to remove warts with but moles need to be cut out and sent to the lab for microscopy to ensure that it is not cancerous. Please see your doctor.