Question
Posted by: Me | 2008-12-22

MOLES!!!

I went to my GP on 12/12/2008 to have two of my moles removed. She used Nitrogen (stikstof). The one mole is on my back and the one between my breasts. I don`t have any problems with the one on my back because it`s going through the process just as my GP said it would but the one between my breasts is concearning me. The day after I went to the doctor, blisters started appearing on and around the mole and a yellowish liquid started coming out. This liquid is still coming out. I woke up one morning and there where a little bit of blood in. I know I`m supposed to be patient but this is really bothering me. How long does it take to fall off and is this yellowish liquid something to be concearned about?

Dear Me
You may have developed a slight infection - the blisters can be "normal" for liquid nitrogen. Put some Bactroban on it with a plaster, it should clear up within a few days. I prefer to cut out moles as one can then send this for lab tests to ensure that it is not cancerous - keep this in mind if you ever have to remove a mole again.

2
Posted by: Andlise | 2009-04-01

I have a few moles on my body. I even have one between my legs that is very painful. What can I do about it?

Reply to Andlise
Posted by: mole | 2008-12-23

This might not be what you want to hear but both my father and mother in law passed away from skin cancer after moles were frozen/burned and not tested. Skin kancer is one of the most aggresive cancers and have the least treatment available. so in future have it removed and tested -this is truly
the difference between life and death.

Reply to mole