Posted by: Slippers | 2012-01-16

Mole removal

Dear doctor
I had 2 moles removed by a Dermatologist at the end of November, 1 on my neck and 1 on my chest (above my breast).
The area on my neck has healed well and I can''t notice anything there, but the mole on my chest, which was the larger of the 2 (approx 4mm in diameter), has also healed but itches all the time. The scar is also slghtly raised from my skin.
Do you think this is something to worry about and should I go back to, or call the Dermatologist?
I am also 22 weeks pregnant (not sure this has any bearing, but mentioning it just in case).

Thank you in advance!

It is possible that you have formed excess scar tissue. Reconsult your dermatologist for treatment. It is not dangerous and you should not be too concerned.