Question
Posted by: Trish | 2009/02/13

Mole removal

Hi Dr,
I had 11 moles removed 21 days ago and all of them have healed nicely except for one. It does not seem to heal and is now hard and crusty. It was removed by cutting it out and burning it. My doc told me that she doesn' t worry about moles too much because she' s never had a patient with cancerous ones. Can this inability to heal indicate anything and should I go back to her to have a look?

Dear Trish

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you re-consult your doctor, in order for her to examine the wound and to give you feedback on the histological diagnoses of the particular mole.