Question
Posted by: Lilu | 2008/08/30

Mole or genital wart?

Dear Dr,

I' ve suddenly discovered a mole or wart of somesort on the outside of my vagina. It' s not coloured, it' s external, there is only one, it' s not big at all, it' s smooth and a bit ' floppy'  as it isn' t flat on the skin surface. I' m married for almost 2 years and my husband (who was sexually active before we met) doesn' t have any warts or moles. Could it be HPV or an STD as we are in a secure and loving relationship and have been for almost 6 years. I go to my gynae for yearly check-ups and the pap smear has never been positive. Please help??!!!

I would be guessing to say what this is without seeing it. You should show it to your gynaecologist at your next visit.