Posted by: Mary | 2010-04-08

Mole on leg

Hi Doc,
I have this mole on my lower leg for years-I actually have a lot of moles and some have been removed too, but the biopsies showed they were benign- this mole however has a sort of dark halo around it, and used to itch, but doesnt anymore. It hasnt grown in size, but the borders are jagged and there are colour differenses in the mole. Which is better to see about this, a GP or dermatologist, I am not on a medical aid scheme, so I will have to fork out the consult fee.
Thanks in advance

I strongly suggest that you consult a dermatologist for a biopsy and the removal of this mole, as the mole can become cancerous, due to the characteristics.