Question
Posted by: Fifi | 2010/02/16

Mole on Head

Hi, I am 54 and have had a sort of mole on the top of my head for quite a long time, however, have recently noticed that it has been going a bit ' thickened and crusty'  - it isn' t sore or itchy, and doesn' t seemed to have changed colour (it' s skin colour). It also doesn' t really worry me other than the fact that I know it' s there. Do you think it' s something I should be concerned about and have checked out or could it possibly just be one of those thickening ' age'  spots that women tend to get at this age and having gone through menopause? If you recommend that I should have it checked out, who should I go to - a GP, Dermatologist, or Plastic Surgeon (who removed some of my other moles a few years ago)? Thank-you.

Hallo Fifi
You can let your GP have a look - he can do basic freezing or cauterizing if needed or give you a prescription for Efudix if it is a solar keratosis. He will refer you to a dermatologist if needed. It does not sound like a cancer from your description but needs physical examination.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/16

Hallo Fifi

Reply to cyberdoc