Question
Posted by: Peanut | 2011/01/25

Molar pregnancy

Hi doc,

A week ago, I was diagnosed with molar pregnancy and they did a suction curretage. I want to ask, what is the cause of such an abnormality and what are the risks factors of having one? what are the chances of it re-occuring and when can I start to think about getting pregnant again or having sex?

Thanks doc

It isn't really known exactly what causes is, it is a pregnancy that has gone wrong. Thwere is a recurrence risk so you would usually be monitored afterwards to see that your HCG levels have gone back to normal.; Only when this si the case should you plan to fall pregnant again. You can have protected sex as soon as the bleeding has stopped.

1