Question
Posted by: Dexter | 2009-10-25

Molar Pregnancy

My sister has had two miscarriages over a space of 1-year. Her Gynae has now said she might have had / have a molar pregnancy and must have her HcG levels checked again at the end of the month.

What does this acually mean? i.e. a molar pregancy?

Is it dangerous?

Thanks,

A molar pregnancy is a pregnancy where the fetus does not develop and the placenta overgrows. The HCG levels must be monitored to see that they return to normal. Persistence may indicate a cancer.

3
Posted by: Dexter | 2009-10-27

Thanks Anon and Gynaedoc for responding. My sister has had a D &  C and is going at the end of the month again to have her HcG levels checked.

She has had two periods since her D &  C and I hope that this is a sign that things will be ok.

Quite frustrating having to wait for blood tests, etc.

Reply to Dexter
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-27

Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-26

I had a partial molar pregnancy and had a d and c where they took a sample to confirm molar pregnancy. Did your sister have this.you Must be monitored-Hcg levels. Yes it can be dangerous thats why your levels need to be monitored...