Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/03/08

Molar Pregancy

Hi Doc,
Trust this mail finds you well,
Last year i miscarried twins in April/May, in October of last year i then had a molar preg. I went into theatre thrice last year for a D& C.
My Doc told me that i should wait 6 months for before trying again to fall pregnant, which i am doing. In April my husband and I plan to start trying again. Is it okay for me to fall pregnant 6 months after a molar pregnancy. I want a baba so badly.

Is a molar preganacy " normal"  as such? Please give me some more info on re: molar preg.

XXXX

You should wait till your HCG levels are down to zero. They should be checekd at regular intervals after the molar pregnancy. Molar pregnancies result from overgrowth of the placenta with no fetus and one of the risks is that they persist, hence the checking of levels.

1