Question
Posted by: miekie | 2010-10-12

mojo - lost

Hallo dok
I''ve lost my mojo!!! Have you seen it perhaps? Voel almal maar so die tyd van die jaar? veral ons Gautengers. Elkeen vir homself en basta met die res. Seasonal changes, pain, pms, menopausal outbursts, stress etc affects me a lot. I do find being creative helps IF i can find my MOJO.
Ps. I''ve seen Woolies is already displaying their Christmas stuff!
Geniet die dag!

I have been clearing out some old cupboards lately, but haven't noticed any mojo, yours or mine. So far.
And it's not just Woolies ( and I don't think they sell Mojo, at least not so far ) - its a couple of weeks since I saw the Christmas trees and baubles up at Checkers and other stores. At least so far no Christmas Carols. Last year, visiting India for a chunk of December, I thought I'd miss out on the sickly carol-muzak. But no luck.
In a small North Indian town, I got into a taxi literally among camels and buffalo, and the radio was playing Jingle Bells ; and later, in a Chinese restaurant in Bangalore, even worse horrors - the sound system began playing carols by Boney M. Oh dear.
Yes, creativity helps.
Thinking back on my years in exile overseas, I find I miss the 4 distinct seasons, where we seem to have only 2. Autumn can be marvellouw, and Spring superb, but we seem to wham straight from Winter into Summer and then back again. Here in Pretoria it was a long cold winter, then we switched almost overnight, from around 20 degrees a day to over 30.

1

Yes, creativity helps.