Question
Posted by: Johara | 2010-07-27

Moisturiser for Radiant skin

Hi Doc, I really really need your help, i have basically exhausted all my options, just a lil background. I have used Pure Perfect with disastrous results it gave me pigmentation on my cheek bones, i then went to a beauty clinic and had them do facial peels and they did sell me a depigmenting cream which did help somewhat actually i think the peels helped more. They sold me Hydroquione (which im currently using for like 3 months now) its making my skin very dry and i notice very little improvement in colour, texture of my skin is gone bad, only thing is it helps with the pigmentation on the cheeks, but overall my face is not in good condition.
My face looked so much better before i even started experimenting with all these creams. I have used so many expensive products from different houses and nothing seems to work for my skin, one cream that did help me a bit was Depiderm from the Uriage range. I dont no whether i shud go back to that cream or what to do. Its my sisters wedding in 2 months time and i want to look my best pls advise what cream i can use, nothing harsh but something that will help me lighten up naturally, i just want nice healthy glowing skin, i just seem to be making all the wrong decisions. Im truly a sales persons dream cos u can sell me anything esp for my skin.
Pls pls help me!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Johara, thank you for the question and I am sorry that you have experienced such unfortunate events with your skin.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to examine the skin before deciding on a treatment protocol.

Firstly my advice would be to consider stopping the hydroquinone and to use a good SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide – such as Heliocare Gel SPF 50). I would also recommend that you consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation that can examine the skin and give you appropriate advice.

Generally speaking we have had great success in treating pigmentation and improving the overall health of the skin with NeoStrata’s Depigmenting Gel (at night) and the Brightening Cream SPF 15 (during the day).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-07-29

Reply to anti-ageing expert