Question
Posted by: Bianca | 2012-03-09

MMR vacine and getting pregnant

According to my gynae I had to have the MMR vacine bcoz they could not detect any anti bodies in my system. Seeing that I want to get pregnant the sister told me to wait 3months from having the injection ( had it on 15 feb) but the internet says 4weeks (1month) so im confused... What is the waiting period before we can start trying to get pregnant.

Please help

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Bianca

To my knowledge women of child-bearing age should avoid pregnancy for 28 days after vaccination with this vaccine. A slightly longer wait may however be advisable.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012-03-12

Hi Bianca

Reply to pharmacist