Question
Posted by: Bianca | 2012/03/09

MMR vacine and getting pregnant

I saw my gynae as me and my husband want to start a family. Gynae did a full blood test and came back and told me I had to have the MMR vacine asap as they could not detect any anti bodies in my system and then having had the vacine 15 Feb now have to wait 3months before I get pregnant. I''m confused because on the internet they say only have to wait 4weeks(1month) and the sister that gave me the injection said 3months! What is the right " waiting period"  seeing that me and my husband are eager to start " trying" 

Please help!

Bianca

One month is the recommended waiting period.

Best wishes,

2
Posted by: Annemi | 2012/03/20

I am in the same boat Bianca, and still not sure what to do, gynea said 3 months, but nurse that gave the shot and all the info on the web is saying only 1 month waiting period is needed.

So am not sure what to do! Why would there be such a difference in the time lines from different people?

Reply to Annemi

Best wishes,