Question
Posted by: nicks | 2010/05/11

MLC story

i read the previous post and am also sitting with a husb turning 40 and turning MAD overnight. He also mentioned a sports car from about 5 yrs back and suddenly its become a priority. My question re a MLC is how long does this phase last or is it forever? if it should be more complicated i.e. testosterone levels too low and ideally he needs treatment and does NOT want to see a dr then what happens, does it get worse? i hear of MLC but nobody ever says whether you come out of it and how long it last because if he wanted the sport car 5 yrs ago, can it last that long? or was it the start? when should one worry re a MLC becoming detrimental ie. what symptoms should one look out for? my husband also has HBP under control? Lastly what type of a dr can i recommend he sees? a cardiologist perhaps?

One almost thinks there should be a special tax or surcharge on sportscars and motorbikes, to be paid by any man over 40, and to be paid to the wife. The MLS isn't due to testosterone levels, and is not amenable to medical treatments - it's due to psychological factors, often in guys who didn't waste their younger years indulging themselves in clubbing and parties, but got down to work, and then suddenly realize that arthritis and aging are about to prevent them from ever enjoying the youthful flings they thought they were postponing till "later" - and now "later is upon them.
If he has high BP and it is under control, he wouldn't need to see anyone other than whichever doc is treating it currently. otherwise usually a GP is an adequate doc for treating high BP, with referral to a cardiologist if it is difficult to control buy the usual first line treatments.
MLC is a recognized phenomenon, not ever really adequately studied (thus no hard and fast rules or predictions ) amd very variable in characteristics

2
Posted by: Me | 2010/05/11

Nicks, just tell your hubby to buy me the sports car, I''m 41 but can''t afford one, so we can kill two birds with one stone

Reply to Me