Question
Posted by: Rosemary Grant | 2010-11-17

Mixup with medicines

I went to my local pharmacy to request my usual dose of chronic medication Dapamax 2.5 mg.

I had been taken the medicine for six days when one evening I noticed that there were sixty tablets in the packet and they were not Dapamax at all.

I had in fact been given and had been taking Glucomed 80 mg.

The day prior to this discovery I became very naseous and started vomiting and I treated this with Motilum. I have for the past week or more been suffering from a form of colic.

What should I do from here what recourse do I have?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi R

Nausea and vomiting is a know side-effect of glucomed (a medicine taken for diabetes) - It will not be permanent and should clear soon.

The most important thing would be to get back on your DAPAMAX ASAP.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-11-22

Hi R

Reply to pharmacist