Question
Posted by: brent smith | 2010/08/24

mixing ovidrel

Hi Dr Cassim, thank you for your reply &  usefull advice (Re:my question posted 12/8/2010 about where to buy hcg). You suggested (13/8/2010) I try Ovidrel &  pre-fill syringes and keep them refrigerated to be used as required. The problem is ovidrel comes with sterile water &  is intended for single use injection only. It cannot be stored. My question is can I throw away the sterile water that comes with the product for reconstitution &  rather mix the Ovidrel with bacteriostatic water which has a preservative in it, &  if so how long would it then last refigerated. Do you happen to know where I can buy bacteriostatic water? Thank you for all your help so far.
Regards, Brent.

Dear Brent Smith

The use of bacteriostatic water instead of sterile water should not affect the bio-potency of the Ovidrel. However as this is a special circumstance I will refer the matter to the pharmaceutical company and verify these facts for you. Also if you ask your local pharmacist he would be able to source out the bacteriostatic water through distributors such as Sigma.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/27

Dear Brent Smith

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert