Question
Posted by: Pixie | 2011/03/01

Mixing medication

A quick question :
I take 40mg Nexiam at night with a bevispas.
Can I take Xanor with this or must I wait a few hours? (Not sure of the size of the Xanor - might be 20mg or 50mg)

Also, I was recommended activated charcoal tablets to get rid of excess gas - do these react with Nexiam, Xanor and Bevispas? What are the side effects of taking activated charcoal?

I am so nervous of mixing any medication.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Pixie

Sorry I missed your question - In future please REPOST it if I skipped it.

No interactions of note are expected between the meds you're taking (Although Xanor is not available in the strengths you've mention - Those doses are HUGE!).

If charcoal is taken at the recommended doses the most common symptom may be initial nausea.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/03/07

Hi Pixie

Reply to pharmacist