Question
Posted by: V | 2009-08-18

Mixing Bull Terrier Puppy with 2 Adult Cats

At the moment we have 2 cats as pets. My hubby wants to get a bull terrier puppy at the end of the month. I am just a bit concerned as I believe that Bull terriers generally don' t get along with cats and see them as prey. Please advise

Dear V

If you get a puppy the cats will short him out in no time.

3
Posted by: jskr | 2009-08-19

I have a bull terrier and 3 cats and have absolutely no problems. In fact, the cats boss the bull terrier around. Contrary to popular belief, bull terriers have an excellent temperament which rate even better than a daschund :o) Just give puppy lot' s of love and attention to avoide " seperation anxiety"  mentality.

Reply to jskr
Posted by: steph | 2009-08-19

we had bully' s when we were kids and we also had a cat, and she ruled that roost. if the cats were there first and you support the cat' s when they discipline the puppy instead of punishing them it should be fine. One swipe from a cat should be sufficient warning for your new pup.

Reply to steph
Posted by: Carol | 2009-08-18

Bullterriers can be problematic, however if the pup you are getting is from good breeders and you train him properly from the start you will be fine.

We had a bully that loved the cats:)

You can also ask the breeder to check the temprements of the pups as the prey drive differs from pup to pup.

Reply to Carol