Posted by: HI | 2009-03-23

Mixed up periods

These last 6 months my period is very mixed up, normaly I would bleed for 4 days from start to finish in a 28 day cycle, then all of a sudden after 12 days I start bleeding again, not heavier but longer - 6 days and then my cycle change again to a 32 day cycle with 6 - 7 day bleeding, now all of a sudden this month its back to 21 days. Whats happening with my body and how can I correct it without BC pills as we ttc? Had a papsmear which was normal about 2 months back and the gynea which I saw said she couldn' t see anything wrong with my uterus or tubes, When I asked her about my mixed cycle, she only told me I must loose weight before she can help me further. Please help me as this is very uncomfortable. (Sorry for TMI)

If you are overweight, this can cause you not to ovulate, which may be responsible for the mixed up cycle. You should have a scan to exclude PCOS. The next thing would be to check whether or not you are ovulating.