Question
Posted by: sonia kirkpatrick | 2010/12/01

Mixed up mum

The mother had been on drugs eg LSD and cocaine and ecstaty for about 3 years pror to her conception of her child.In all proabailty this habit was not kicked during pregnancy and even if it was what woul dbe the possibilty of the child being born with mental problem,Will emtion the father was on weed and mandrax at the time of conception as well.

I deseperatly ask this as this child in now 19 and has a child of her own.She is impossible and beeen going to physciatrist and psycologists for years whol ehave just said they give up.

She is totally irresonsible, selfish, has no self conifdence and not intersted ineducating or working herself. she only thinks of herself.she has also been drinking execcessily and maybe some meale entertaining.There could be a case of drugs here although she denies this.
She shows no inerest in her son and is quick to palm himm off to accommodtae her social life,I do not believe that her parents have ever disclosed this medical fact and as no other treatment has helped.we now look to possible physcial damage that may have occured,She became problematic when she moved to her father when she was 13,She was always allowed her own way and spoilt rotten.'' hs ehas always had a learning problem and has difficulty in concentrating
Despite all this one cannot get through to her, It is like an empty barrell up there.Thanks

Hallo Sonia
Chronic drug abuse of a pregnant woman is known to cause developmental, emotional and behavioural problems in children. I suggest that you also post to Cybershrink for an opinion. I think if the mother is not able to look after her baby social workers should be alerted before the child gets hurt.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/01

Hallo Sonia
dr Bets