Posted by: Chris | 2012-08-08

I am at a wits end. I have mites on me and cannot for the life of me get rid of them. I assume they are mites because I cannot see any physical bug. I have tried everything, bombed my room, washed all my clothes in hot water, vacuumed the carpets etc. Yet I still have a crawling sensation on my skin. Mainly on my hairs, focused on my groin, legs, armpits and hair. I have bites on the waste line and on my head.

I have tried bathing with Tea tree oil, washing my hair with tea tree shampoo and use anti bacterial soap (T something...) and it still does not get rid of them. I have tried bathing up to 3 times a day and still nothing. It''s my first time I have had them.

The only thing that seems to bring relief is an antihistamine.

Do you have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

It is possible that you are suffering from scabies. I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and treatment. Scabies have to be treated with the correct lotions. Bathing numerous times per day will only irritate the skin. While you are on treatment for scabies, you will have to wash all your clothing and bedding in hot water. You can have your carpets steam cleaned. In the interim,you can apply Calomine lotion for symtomatic relieve.

Posted by: Anon4this | 2012-08-10

Hi Chris

My bf and I had the same problem. Still do. And it''s been 6 years now. And still no improvements. Eventually we thought it was demodex mites (otherwise known as hair folliculurum mites). I can''t see these mites. It''s like a crawling sensation. I have also used tea tree oil. Even scabie soap. Washed everytime I felt them crawling. And worst of all it keeps you awake at night. I know how you feeling. I wish I could really find the source of the problem including the treatment for these things. It''s really bad.

Try not not fumigate or use any 99% germ killer soap etc. This is just going to make the problem worse.

Reply to Anon4this