Question
Posted by: patient | 2011/08/29

misunderstandings...

I am not an impatient person or someone wanting your immediate attention. I never expected you to reply so quickly but you did. I did not realise you start reading your posts from the current one to the last  thats why I genuinely thought you may have overlooked my post (which is not impossible). Unfortunately you used my post to teach everyone a lesson and I might be too sensitive but your response has gutted me because although you may say otherwise, i know you put me in the same category as those who are demanding, insensitive (of course I did not expect an immediate response, especially over the weekend). I have the utmost respect towards you and all the other experts who offer advice. I know there are lots of insensitive people and for you to decide to use me as an example is very demoralizing. I am the last person on earth who would want to be rude, impatient, overbearing, insensitive to anyone. When i read your response, i wish the earth would open up. I needed to clear the air of any misunderstandings. I respect people in your profession, especially someone as highly respected as you and would therefore like to request you remove my posts as it is very humiliating.

Excellent point. Fortunately the system makes it relatively difficult to overlook a post, as it keeps arriving back in my inbox until answered, and can only get lost temporarily if there's a lot of new posts, or if I have to be away for some days.
But please, don't be hypersensitive, and there's very clearly no need to feel gutted or demoralized, unless this happens to be a habit, and this might be a theme to explore with your shrink. Don't feel humiliated - your posts were anonymous, and they raise interesting points, so there is real value in allowing them to stay.
I never thought you were rude, or impatient, or insensitive, but maybe a tad unrealistic or over-anxious, or misinformed, as you were worried that a message posted on Sunday evening hadn't been responded to by quite early Monday morning.
Learn from all experiences. Maybe you are a little sensitive to even implied criticism, and this is worth working on in CBT< which is good at indentifying and unlearning bad habits of thought, often including low self-esteem and a readiness to feel hurt.
You sound as though you should be able to succeed in this treatment method, and as though you've made a good start. Keep up the good work, and forgive me if I accidentally trod on your toes.

6
Posted by: patient | 2011/08/29

Oops, I forgot to include " Regular"  as well. Thank you for your well wishes. I have learnt a side of me that I wasn''t aware of - yes, I am too sensitive re any criticism as to me even constructive criticism means something negative about me. I have been criticized most of my life so I am hypersensitive to any form of criticism. And yes, I am working on this in therapy. I hope I have not offended anyone and that we all agree that CS does an unselfish job by being there for those that needs his advice.

Reply to patient
Posted by: patient | 2011/08/29

Dear CS, Observer, Still Waiting...
I apologise for my late response as like you said, one can''t expect an immediate reply but it seems some of your readers have taken quite an offence to me not responding to your post. Of course I accept your apology as well as your well wishes. My immediate response was to post a reply to thank you for your kind words but I thought it would be best if I just let the subject go as your readers might get annoyed with another response from me but obviously I was wrong as the above readers are so quick to point out. So, once again, I sincerely apologise for me being too sensitive and I accept your apology and kind words. I have learnt one thing - it seems i''m not the only one that''s too sensitive :-). Isn''t it sad how easily something petty can be misinterpreted and then turn into something ugly? Thank you CS for being here to help those in need of help.

Reply to patient
Posted by: Still waiting | 2011/08/29

Why are you taking soooo long to respond.
People in glass houses should not throw stones...........

Reply to Still waiting
Posted by: Observer! | 2011/08/29

CS has requested your forgiveness, a timely response to this would surely be in order.

Reply to Observer!
Posted by: Regular | 2011/08/29

Cannot see anything humiliating about CS responses.
On this issue you are definately being over sensitive - perhaps you should share your reactions with your therapist. CS reply in no way taught me any lessons that put you in a negative light. But your replies have certainly not shown me your best side.

I wish you all the best.

Reply to Regular