Question
Posted by: nony | 2009-03-13

mistry at it best.....................

a week a go i did blood test confirmed positive but the doc said i shld come back to him after a week cause he could not see anything on my uterus.i told him that i was bleeding from time to time ,so he said he strongly suspected an octopic pregnancy and so i did more blood tests .Today i went ,got my test result which showed a normal pregnancy ( no octopic pre) ,then we did a scan and the scan shows nothing on my wogmb !!! how is this possible ???????? my gyny cant explain all of this he said then maybe im not pregnant after all.
could this be too early or what im so confused!
has any one bin thru this????

If the blood test shows positive and rising HCG, then you are pregnant. It may be too early to see anything as the scan will only pick up a pregnancy from 6 weeks.The other possibility is that you have a rare condition called trophoblastic disease. This will have very high HCG levels.

1
Posted by: Me | 2009-03-16

Hi there, I would like to mention the following. The same thing happened to me three years ago. Blood tests showed positive and I experienced all the pregnancy symtoms. At nine weeks the gynae could not see a heartbeat and discovered that it was a blighted ovum (no fetus). So maybe you should go for a second oppinion. Best of luck.

Reply to Me