Question
Posted by: Mouse | 2009/03/25

Missing periods or very light periods

Last year this time I had a tubal ligation, I am 39 year old and have 9 year old sons and have no intention of ever having more kids. Everything was normal for last year, but this year for the past 2 months I have had no period at all, and this month it was very light and lasted only a day or so. I was wondering if this is normal or should I have something to be concerned about, like early menopause? Could you please help me.

M

It could be menopause, but other possibilities are cysts or thyroid problems. See your gynaecologist to check.