Question
Posted by: AMS | 2012-10-30

Missing periods

If anyone could shed some light on the subject, it would be greatly appreciated. I''ve been sterilised 13yrs ago after the birth of my youngest. For the last, I''d say 2 to 3 years, I''ve always had irregular periods. My cycle was about 40days or so. But I still got it. Now for the last 5 months I have had no bleeding, 3months ago I had spotting for a day and after that nothing. I experience the same p.m.s but without the bleeding. I''m almost certain I''m not pregnant. I am too young to go into early menopause either. I know in general they say stress causes an absense, but for this long period of time? Any ideas?

It sounds like you may not be ovulating. Other causes are thyroid problems, hormonal disturbances and tumours of the milk producing gland. I would suggest that you see your doctor.