Question
Posted by: B-Girl | 2010/09/06

Missing periods

Im using a loop for contraception and have been since January my periods were normal until last month. I first started with a loop in 2005 and had it removed in 2009 July to take a break and during that time when I had it my periods were very heavy but when I put it back on in Jan my periods were normal. The last time I had my periods was in june this year and Im now thinking I could be pregnant. What are the chances of falling pregnant with the loop?

Do you have the copper loop or the Mirena. With the Mirena you don't have periods. If you have the copper loop, I would suggest that you check a pregnancy test. The failure rate is 2-3%.

1