Question
Posted by: Kg | 2010-01-06

Missing periods

I am about to start an IVF cycle and my problem is that I did not get my periods, I am already three weeks late and I have done a HPT which came out negative. I am 39 yrs old, does this mean that I might be on menopause already. What can I take to get my periods back since I still need to keep on trying for a baby.

Dear Kg

I would suggest that you visit your family practitioner or gynaecologist and have a hormone evaluation as well as a pelvic ultrasound done. Commonly the possibility of an ovarian cyst should be considered and should this be the case it can be fairly easily managed.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2010-01-08

Dear Kg

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert