Question

missing period but skipped pill for a few days

I would like to find out a couple of things. about a month ago my girlfriend was ment to have her period but had it lightly but also skipped her pill for a few days... does this mean she is pregnant? can it be a sign that she is pregnant? how long do you have to stop the pill for before you can fall pregant?

Also up to how long is it before you can' t have an abortion anymore and is there any free clinics around for those and where does a person contact to get the details of the free clinics.

Dear Anonymous,

You mentioned that your girlfriend skipped her for a few days. It is not uncommon for woman on the pill to experience a withdrawal bleed/break through bleed if they skip their pill. A woman may also find that at times her period may be lighter than others. These are not signs of pregnancy. Yet it is also not a gaurantee that the is not pregnant. Skipping one pill puts a woman at risk for the possibility of pregnancy.

According to South African law a woman can choose to have an abortion up to 16 weeks of pregnancy. Certain government hospitals offer free abortions. I would suggest you start at the local clinic in you area for a referral. You could also find out if their is a Mary Stopes clinic in your area. They too offer terminations of pregnancy based on a means test.

3

People like you shouldn' t have the benefit of having a relationship. Trying to get an abortion! What if your arents decided to have an abortion instead of having you?

Oh my goodness! someone with a brain would know that the reason u take the pill is so that u can have sex without worrying fully about pregnancy, im not saying its 100% safe though but come on man, y did ur gf even skip pills? u see no matter how much people can be educated about safe sex &  protection it doesn' t help people like u &  ur gf. I see no excuse to skip the pill unless u are celebrating something huge or going on holiday. &  by the way, face the consequences dont look for the easy way out like abortion! Url did it &  cant say u didn' t know what could happen so face it now dont try to escape.

you should take responsibility for your action not abortion