Question
Posted by: NA | 2009-06-01

MISSING MY SISTER

My sister passed away in Dec of last year,she was very sick when she passed.She was suffering a lot,and when she passed on I took comfort in the fact that she was no longer in pain,I was ok in the beginning but I miss her so much today.Life is just horrible without her,my mom is all I have left,but I cannot go to her and cry because I know she is in more pain than I am,there is no pain like the pain of losing a child,she is raising my sister' s kids,the kids are doing fine but it is tough.I miss her voice,her smile,advice,girls nights out.I don' t know why but lately I just want to die,cause the pain is too much,and I cannot take it anymore.I wish she could come back for just a day,so I could give her a hug and just chat about this and that.

Maybe it'd help if you AND your mom saw a counsellor with experience in helping grieving people --- your local hospice or Cancer Association branch might be able to recommend someone. I nderstand how biterly you are grieving the loss. But if this is how your sister's death from naural causes affects you all --- can you imagine how much more your death would hurt them all, especially if it was your choice and unnecessary ? DO see a good local counsellor urgently, you may be developing a complicated grief needing and deserving treatment.

1
Posted by: Spooky | 2009-06-01

Hi Sweetie.
Please be strong for your sister' s children and your Mum'  sake. Time heals. You must try to avoid dwelling in your sister' s passing. If you can try to be brave and help your family by distracting them from their grief it would be a great help for you too. Accept that what has happened cannot be reversed and that is life. You MUST move on now. Show the others that it is possible to be happy again. They will follow you - You can lead them out of this. You owe it to your sister to do this. Come on, YOU CAN!!!
If you want, you can give me your email add and I too will try to assist you in coming to terms with your loss.
Spooky

Reply to Spooky