Question
Posted by: Rachael | 2009/11/06

Missed/late period

I am confused. I had my normal period before stopping the pill. Was on meds (antibiotics) 2nd week in Oct. Started bleeding again (very light and short period) 5 days after drinking meds. I was suppose to have my period 2/11 if I work according to my 28 day cycle while being on the pill, but as of today nothing. Is this because I stopped my pill that my period will now be irregular? can I still work on my 28 day cycle or will it change now? Should I rather wait the whole Nov month to see if my period comes. I think its too soon to be pregnant.

Periods may be irregular for up to 3 months after stopping the Pill.

2
Posted by: J. | 2009/11/09

I have heard that antibiotics does not agree well with contraceptives, so if you were active in that time, I would find out if you are pregnant.

Just a quick something else. Some medication throws out your menstrual cycle. I have been taking Ciplatrim (for weightloss) and it threw out my cycle big time. I am usually like a clock (30-31 days), this month I only started on day 35 and trust me, it has to be the first time since my teens. So, it is not necessarily that you are pregnant, but have it checked out.

Reply to J.