Posted by: Claire | 2009-01-16

Missed Yasmin Pill

I have missed my ysmin pill for 7 days. My last pack ended and i just forgot to buy the new pack. I now have the new pack but where do i start???

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Claire

This is the suggested regime for missed tablets:

Missed TWO or more pills

• She should take a pill as soon as possible and then continue taking pills daily, one each
• She should also use condoms or abstain from sex until she has taken pills for 7 days in a
• If she missed the pills in the third week, she should finish the active pills in her current pack, skip the inactive tablets, and start with the active tabs in the new pack. She should therefore not have a pill-free interval. If the pill-free interval is avoided in this way, she does not need to use emergency contraception.
• If she missed the pills in the first week (effectively extending the pill-free interval) and
had unprotected sex (in week 1 or in the pill-free interval), she may wish to consider the
use of emergency contraception.

* If a woman misses more than one pill, she can take the first missed pill and then either
continue taking the rest of the missed pills or discard them to stay on schedule.