Posted by: Kris | 2011-07-29

missed pills

Dear Gynae doc,

I have been taking Mercilon for about 4 months now and I have never miss pills. Last week Monday I started my period and i did not start my new pack on the first day of my period, but rather on the 2nd - 3rd, making up for it by taking two pills. Then i missed a pill on the weekend and had intercourse on the weekend before and after the missed pill. I then missed my pill on Monday and took two on Tuesday, then realised i had started the pack wrong and missed more pills then i had thought, so i discarded the pack and decided to start a new pack after my next period. However today i had a very light spotting and cramping, and slight back pain (simililar to PMS) followed by dizziness. Is it pregnancy possible? or am i getting my period again?

Thank you.

You could be pregnant and the missed pills may also have mixed up your cycle. Do a pregnancy test to be sure.