Question
Posted by: Ally | 2010/08/19

Missed periods

My daughter is 16 yrs old but has a huge problem with missed periods. It is now 3months since she last had her periods. I sent her for a pregnancy test so she is not pregnant. She has missed her periods before, when she does get sick she suffers of severe cramps. She got her first period at the age of 14 yrs. She also picks up and loses weight all the time. Is there anything to worry about.

It sounds like she isn't ovulating regularly. This often happens in the first year or two after starting periods. You could put her on the Pill for a few months.

3

Posted by: Ally | 2010/08/19

Thanx 4 the advice, I will do that.

Reply to Ally
Posted by: Tash | 2010/08/19

I think you must take her to a Gynae. She is still young and can be treated. I had the same problems when I was young and I have struggled to fall pregnant with my first child for 5 years. He is now 8 years old, and I am struggling again to fall pregnant for over a year now. Look at it before it is to late.

Reply to Tash