Posted by: kitty | 2009-08-04

missed periods

I have missed my periods with five days, when is the right time to do some preg tests, shoul it be negetaive what would the other cause for my periods delay be, pls help Doc, i have been trying to conceive for the past three months. my periods were very regular. pls advice. i do not have any symptoms except that sometimes i feel as if i will vomit.

Dear Kitty

It is the right time to do a blood pregnancy test now that you have missed your period for 5 days. It is highly possible that you may be pregnant because you have regular cycles and you have a feeling of nausea. If however you have not fallen pregnant and have still not seen your period then there is a high chance that you may have had an anovulatory cycle which means that ovulation may not have taken place and therefore caused a delay in menstrual period.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: R | 2009-08-06

Go and do a home test, then a blood test. Remember a positive home test is always pos, but a negative test could be wrong and actually be a positive. Good luck

Reply to R