Posted by: Just asking | 2008-11-12

Missed period while using Postoval

I am usually on a 30 day cycle and am prettty regular. After I had my baby on 26/12/2007 I had irregular bleeding and my gynae prescribed Postoval. I have been using it for 2 months. I was sick (with bronchitis) two weeks ago and my doctor prescribed antibiotics. My period is now 4 days late, but the home pregnancy test gave a negative result. Is there still a possibility that I might be pregnant? What else could cause me missing a period even though I am using Postoval?

The antibiotics may have interfered with the hormones in the Postoval, causing the late period. Perhaps check the pregnancy test in a few days just to be sure, or do a blood test.