Question
Posted by: Worried want to be mommy | 2010/04/16

MISSED PERIOD, PIAN, SECRETION

Good afternoon. I urgently need advice from any of you ladies and doctor/s. I stopped using my birth control pills and have been trying to conceive for about six months. My problem is that I did not have my period last month and I am according to my calculations now on day 51 of my cycle. I did two home pregnancy tests a week apart and both came out negative. For the past two weeks I have pains on my left and right side just below my bellybutton. Yesterday I started to notice a white secretion (looks like egg white) when I go to the bathroom. I tried to make an appointment with a Gynae in my town but he was fully booked for a few weeks. I then tried a nearby town, but they could also only see me end of May. My GP says I should just wait for another month to see if my period returns. I am going out of my mind and would really appreciate all the feedback I can get because I am very worried. What could the pains be and what could the secretion be? What can the missed periods mean, because I am not pregnant? PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU.

It sounds like you have just ovulated. You probably didn't ovulate before, hence the missed periods.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/04/16

Perhaps go and see your GP in the interim, then if they have concern about something like an ectopic pregnancy, they will be able to get you an emergency appointment with a gynae.

An egg white type of dishcharge is usual at the time of ovulation. Perhpas you didn''t ovulate for some reason and you are ovulating now.

Probably a good idea to see your GP though.

Reply to Purple