Posted by: Kay-Lee | 2009-08-09

Missed period - on triphasil for 6years

I have been on Triphasil for 6 years now - with no problems, I have never missed a period ever even during stressful times.

I recently made a mistake with my pills - I missed 2 days of yellow pills. I went into the clinic and asked them what pills I should take and when etc and the clinic sister told me to take the pill I had missed the night before right then and there and that nights one at my usual time. Which meant that, that left only the one pill that I was leaving out all together.

I did not have sex for the next 10 days after that incident and I had my period as expected 7 days after the incident. I carried on with my pills correctly and then had my next period at the correct time.

BUT now this month which would be my third period after the incident has not come. The last time I had sex was on the 22 of July (I was having sex before this time asswell). I may of had sex once or twice after that date too but that is the last time I know for SURE I had sex.

My period was due on the 5th of August and was due to finish yesterday. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests which have both come back negative.

My question is, given the fact I have never had irregular periods before and have been on Triphasil for 6 years is it more likely that I am pregnant but is too early to tell or that something else is wrong? and if so what could be wrong?

Please, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I am not sure why your period has not come. It seems too long after the missed Pill for this to be the cause.I would suggest that you see your doctor