Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2009-02-11

missed period, lower back pain

I have been on the pill for the last 21 years, and during dec missed a few pills. (Yasmin is the one I am on now) and on the 23 Jan when I was due to get my period, nothing... Has been 17 days now, did pregnancy test a week ago and was negative. Also have been having serious lower back pains, specially at night when sleeping and upon getting up in the morning. Gives a burning sensation into my hips and upper legs. Any idea? Suggestions? Can I be pregnant? Will take another test in a few days.

Dear Jenny
It sounds to me like you could have an infection in the pelvic area, otherwise it could be due to a narrowed disc in the lower back causing pressure on the nerve roots that go to the legs. You could be pregnant if you missed some of your pills, so rather do another home pregnancy test or ask your doctor to take blood for a HCG pregnancy test.